Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not only do the apricots add a beautiful color to this salad, but they contain nutrients to help hearts and eyes. To our diets they add vitamin A (a powerful antioxidant) and C, potassium, beta-carotene and that much needed dietary fiber.
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce (or your choice)
- 1 cup dried apricot, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1 minced small shallots or 2 tablespoons onions
- salt and pepper
- 6 large cupped boston lettuce leaves
- Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Place in bowl and sprinkle with apricots.
- Process olive oil, vinegar, honey and onion or shallot.
- Pour dressing over lettuce and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange over Boston lettuce on individual plates. Spoon lettuce/apricot mixture over.
Great side salad. The raspberry vinaigrette goes great with the apricots. After tasting DH and I both add a few sunflower seeds which worked great with the apricots and vinaigrette. Thanks so much for the post.