1/2 Photos of Lettuce Wedge Salad
Another favorite from Southern Living Magazine (April 2002). The ultimate salad for freshness and taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 slices bacon (may substitute with turkey bacon)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 4 wedges
- shredded basil
- 1Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, drain on paper towels, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in the skillet.
- 2Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 3Saute onion in hot drippings in skillet over medium heat for 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- 4Remove onions from heat; cool.
- 5Process buttermilk and the next 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping a few times to scrape down sides.
- 6Stir in onion.
- 7Top each lettuce wedge with dressing; sprinkle with bacon.
- 8Garnish, if desired with a bit of shredded basil.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lettuce Wedge Salad
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.2
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 283.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch dressing mix