1/10 Photos of Lettuce Tower
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the bouillon.
- 2Pour over the cous cous and mix.
- 3Cover and cook it 1-2 minutes or place in the microwave covered for 1 minute at maximum power.
- 4Keep covered for 5 minutes, then remove cover, mix and let cool.
- 5Remove seeds from the cucumbers and the pepper and julienne.
- 6Reserve 1/4 of the cucumber and pepper; set to the side.
- 7Mix the remaining cucumber and pepper with the cous cous.
- 8Mix the oil and wine vinegar together; add to cous cous.
- 9Mince the onion and brown until golden in 1 table spoon of vegetable oil.
- 11Peel and pit avocado; cut into thin slices and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- 12Shred the crab meat, the reserved cucumber/pepper mixture, add the browned onion, mayonnaise, and pepper to taste; set to the side.
- 13I added salt.
- 14Tear lettuce into small pieces by hand and dress with wine vinegar and oil.
- 15To assemble the salad, cut both ends out of a can.
- 16Begin assembling of salad tower.
- 17Place bottomless can on salad plate and layer bottom layer is cous cous, followed by avocado, and crab mix.
- 18Press each layer firmly with a spoon.
- 19Carefully remove the can.
- 20Dress each plate with some larger, prettier lettuce leaves.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lettuce Tower
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.2
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 1291.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 16.1 g