Recipe by littleturtle
Inexpensive and delicious. Oil & vinegar base with citrus and spices. Makes about 2 cups dressing.
- 3⁄4 lb romaine lettuce, chopped (6 cups)
- 3⁄4 lb iceberg lettuce, chopped (6 cups)
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (preferably fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix at low speed until thoroughly blended.
- Store refrigerated, but allow dressing to come to room temperature before serving.
- In a large, wide bowl, mix together salad greens, mushrooms, and green peppers.
- Stir dressing well before using, and spoon over salads.