Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inexpensive and delicious. Oil & vinegar base with citrus and spices. Makes about 2 cups dressing.
- 3⁄4 lb romaine lettuce, chopped (6 cups)
- 3⁄4 lb iceberg lettuce, chopped (6 cups)
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (preferably fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- Put all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix at low speed until thoroughly blended.
- Store refrigerated, but allow dressing to come to room temperature before serving.
- In a large, wide bowl, mix together salad greens, mushrooms, and green peppers.
- Stir dressing well before using, and spoon over salads.
Only made the dressing. Seemed somewhat bland. Had to add other spices. We'll see how the guys like it. Thanks for posting an interesting recipe though! . . . Janet
I enjoyed this for an early lunch today. I enjoyed the flavor and have a little dressing left over for another salad! Thanks!