This meal sized salad has a BEAUTIFUL presentation. Egg and cottage cheese provide protein, while the lettuce and many vegetables create a light, yet filling, meal. The amounts of lettuce and vegetables is an estimate. Just use as much as you want. Also, use the vegetables you prefer.
- 1 1⁄2 cups green leaf lettuce (or whatever lettuce you prefer)
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup radish, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup yellow pepper, sliced
Egg Salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 hard-boiled egg, shelled and coarsely chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (or about 2 tbsp fresh chives)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 tomato (about six slices)
- Salad - tear lettuce into bite sized pieces, place on dinner sized plate leaving the middle of the plate empty; sprinkle the chopped vegetables on the lettuce.
- Egg Salad - combine all ingredients in a small bowl, mix well; chill.
- Right before eating, scoop egg salad onto the middle of the plate, so the lettuce and vegetables surround it.
- Garnish with tomato slices placed around the egg salad.
- If you wish to have this as a side salad, use two dessert sized plates and arrange half the ingredients on each plate as above.