1/2 Photos of Lettuce Salad With Egg Salad " Dressing"
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
This meal sized salad has a BEAUTIFUL presentation. Egg and cottage cheese provide protein, while the lettuce and many vegetables create a light, yet filling, meal. The amounts of lettuce and vegetables is an estimate. Just use as much as you want. Also, use the vegetables you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups green leaf lettuce (or whatever lettuce you prefer)
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/8 cup radish, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1/8 cup yellow pepper, sliced
Egg Salad dressing
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 hard-boiled egg, shelled and coarsely chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (or about 2 tbsp fresh chives)
- 1/2 tablespoon red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 tomato (about six slices)
- 1Salad - tear lettuce into bite sized pieces, place on dinner sized plate leaving the middle of the plate empty; sprinkle the chopped vegetables on the lettuce.
- 2Egg Salad - combine all ingredients in a small bowl, mix well; chill.
- 3Right before eating, scoop egg salad onto the middle of the plate, so the lettuce and vegetables surround it.
- 4Garnish with tomato slices placed around the egg salad.
- 5If you wish to have this as a side salad, use two dessert sized plates and arrange half the ingredients on each plate as above.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lettuce Salad With Egg Salad " Dressing"
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.3
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 197.8 mg
- Sodium 551.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 24.2 g