Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple, delicious salad.
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 quart lettuce, torn in bite-sized pieces
- Cook bacon until crisp and brown.
- Measure bacon fat.
- Leave about 1 1/4 tablespoons bacon fat in skillet with the bacon.
- Add vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour hot dressing over lettuce in a bowl and toss.
This salad is delicious and oh so simple! I added a sliced scallion to the pan just before the vinegar and sugar and liked the result. Then I enjoyed the entire yummy salad myself (it's not too much for one person) for lunch ~ Thanks for sharing a recipe I'll use again and again!
Absolute perfection! The dressing for this salad is incredible. I must admit that I didn't measure the vinegar or sugar. I just splashed what appeared to be the correct amounts into the pan and brought it to a boil to create a nice syrup. I have had this dressing in restaurants, but this was my first time preparing. I can't believe how simple it was for such great flavor. I will be making this again.