For my birthday, several of my friends and neighbors got together and wrote down some of their favorite recipes. This one from Annette Q. sounds refreshing. Best in early summer when raspberries are in season.
- Mash 1/2 cup raspberries through a fine sieve set over a bowl. Press and extract as much pulp as possible.
- Add vinegar and sugar to pulp and stir to dissolve.
- Whisk in oil and cream.
- Combine lettuce, raisins and nuts in a large bowl.
- Lightly coat lettuce leaves with dressing, add salt and pepper to taste; toss.
- Divide among plates and sprinkle with remaining raspberries.