1/4 Photos of Lettuce, Peaches and Basil
Inge 1505's Note:
I only recently ate peaches in a salad and was instantly hooked. Here is a version of my own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the salad
- 12 cups red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium peach
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil, slightly packed
- 2 leaves fresh mint, cut into fine strips
- 1 -2 ounce fresh goat cheese (optional)
For the dressing
- 1If you have time, toast walnuts over medium heat until fragant or use as they are.
- 2Wash lettuce and spin dry. Put in a large salad bowl.
- 3Wash and dry peach. Cut in 1/4 inch wedges from pit and add to lettuce.
- 4Tear basil into 1/2 inch pieces, sprinkle over peach.
- 5If using cheese for additional color and flavor, crumble over salad.
- 6Top salad with walnuts and mint leaves.
- 7For dressing whisk together all ingredients except oil until well blended. Add oil, mix well and taste for a nice slightly sour balance, there will be sweetness from the peach.
- 8Pour dressing over salad and mix at the table.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lettuce, Peaches and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.5
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 74.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: