Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This is Cat Cora's recipe. A light grilled summer version of a gyro - without the pita or red meat. Note: preparation time includes chill time for the dressing.
- 24 ounces halibut fillets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 limes, halved
- 1 tablespoon seasoning, blend (spicy or your preference)
- 1 head butterleaf lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 head radicchio, leaves separated
- 5 roma tomatoes, diced for garnish
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly for garnish
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 heads scallions, sliced thinly on the bias for garnish on yogurt
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
Cucumber yogurt dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, about 1 large clove
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 cup peeled seeded and grated cucumber, about 1 medium cucumber
- To make dressing, add the cucumber yogurt dressing ingredients - lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt to the yogurt. Add grated cucumber and mix well. Chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Season the halibut with half of the olive oil, half of the lime juice, seasoning blend, salt and pepper.Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place on the grill until cooked through, but not dry, about 6-8 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the tomatoes, onion, olives, oregano, parsley, the remaining olive oil, remaining lime juice, salt and pepper and blend well.
- Once done,let the fish rest until cool enough to handle.
- On serving plates, layer a butterleaf leaf with a radicchio leaf on top, and flake a generous amount of halibut into the radicchio leaf. Top with the tomatoes and onion mixture. Spoon on a dollop of the yogurt and garnish with the scallions.