Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Looking for low carb breakfast recipes that don't contain bread or wheat products and came across this one which suits the bill and I enjoyed. Cooking time is for the bacon.
- 4 lettuce leaves (I prefer cos, they recommend romaine)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices bacon (cooked crisp and crumbled)
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese (grated or shredded, use low fat if you wish)
- 1⁄2 roma tomato (small, diced)
- Finely slice 2 of the lettuce leaves.
- Mix lettuce, mayonnaise, cheese bacon and tomato and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the remaining 2 lettuce leaves with the mix, roll and enjoy.
Great breakfast when you realize you're out of eggs ;-) Thank you.
Yummy! I made these for my DD and myself for lunch and they were gone in no time. I did add some avocado and a little sliced onion but otherwise followed the instructions. I used iceberg lettuce for the wraps (that is what I had). Made for the Recipe Swap#62 March 2012 Aus/NZ .
This was a nice treat to try something different and healthy. I used bacon medallions to cut the fat and left out the cheese as I was looking for a true BLT flavour without the fat. I used iceberg lettuce and it was easy to roll and not as messy as I expected. Thanks for a lovely new healthy treat!