Recipe by I'mPat
Looking for low carb breakfast recipes that don't contain bread or wheat products and came across this one which suits the bill and I enjoyed. Cooking time is for the bacon.
Top Review by Diana Johnson || EatingRichly.com
These were great! I skipped the mayo and used butter leaf lettuce so it wasn't messy at all. Also good with egg and avocado, and you can skip the cheese to make it paleo.
- 4 lettuce leaves (I prefer cos, they recommend romaine)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices bacon (cooked crisp and crumbled)
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese (grated or shredded, use low fat if you wish)
- 1⁄2 roma tomato (small, diced)
- Finely slice 2 of the lettuce leaves.
- Mix lettuce, mayonnaise, cheese bacon and tomato and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the remaining 2 lettuce leaves with the mix, roll and enjoy.