Recipe by 2Bleu
This is the most simple yet elegant and fanciful way to serve a salad, no chopping or tearing the leaves, and it just looks so cool plated up. It's really fun to see folks 'WOW' the looks of such a simple salad. This one never goes unnoticed.
Top Review by twissis
This recipe is so easy to fix & has a lovely presentation. Mostly for the latter reason, I served it as the salad course of a dinner party Sat nite w/a mini-tartlet made from Recipe #258622 but there were other reasons. Icelanders serve salads dry, I about choke getting them down + DH likes only blue cheese salad dressing ~ so this recipe fit all my needs. It was well-received & I am pleased to have struck another blow in the fight against *naked salads* in Iceland. Thx for adding this *weapon* to my arsenal. :-) *Edited to Add* My presentation differed from the recipe as iceberg lettuce is often difficult to get here & this was 1 of those times.
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch cubes (use scissors for easy cutting)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces ranch dressing
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 4 wedges, and yellow centers removed
- 1 cup crouton
- 1 green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon and garlic in skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Place lettuce wedges upside down (like a boat) onto individual serving plates. Drizzle each lettuce wedge crossways (across the sides of the boats) and around the plate with dressing.
- Sprinkle the fresh bleu cheese over top. Sprinkle bacon on and around the boat then top with green onion.