Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on a recipe from Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s nutritarian handbook, Eat Right America. 1 serving equals 20 Weight Watchers PointsPlus based on the cash butter alone; the book didn’t supply the fiber count so I couldn’t calculate the PP based on the entire recipe; I’ll revisit this once I post and see what food.com comes up with in the nutritional calculation. It’s still a healthy treat! Nutritional info per serving from the book: calories 312; protein 8 g; carbohydrate 39 g; total fat 17 g; saturated fat 3 g; cholesterol 0 mg; and sodium 15 mg.
- 8 tablespoons raw smooth cashew butter, divided into 2 teaspoons per leaf (3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon)
- 12 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- Spread 2 teaspoons cashew butter on each romaine lettuce leaf.
- Top cashew butter with the banana slices.
- Wrap lettuce around and enjoy!
Excellent! I went to the store for the romaine and let the store forgetting it! :( So I made mini ones with a mix of baby greens. This would be a great appetizer or snack for the kids after school.
DD1 (5 years old) and I had these for breakfast! Yes she likes them. I enjoyed them more than I had imagined I would. I used organic cashew butter, organic romaine lettuce leaves, plus the bananas. I may make these again! Made for Healthy Choices Tag Game 2013.