Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 8 eggs
- 1 bunch lettuce leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn, crushed
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- Cook eggs in boiling water for 12 minutes.
- When cool, peel and place in cold water.
- Wash the lettuce leaves in running water and keep in chilled water.
- Cut eggs into bite sized pieces.
- Tear lettuce leaves with your hands and gently mix eggs with them.
- Make a dressing by mixing salt, white pepper powder, crushed black pepper corns, vinegar, mustard powder and salad oil.
- Mix this gently with the prepared lettuce and eggs.
- Serve cold.
cmon guys if you're gonna rate a recipe poorly, at least explain why! I thought this was pretty good. I liked the mustard and peppercorn in with the eggs to give it a little kick. I used a little light mayo instead of salad oil because i love egg salad with mayo. Otherwise, I ate as is (scaled down for just me) with the lettuce and with crackers. I gave it a four because without the crackers, I still would have been a little hungry!