Prep 6 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup shortening, melted (1/2 butter and 1/2 margarine)
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put in greased jelly roll pan (cookie sheet with sides)
- Bake 350 for 15 min or until lightly browned.
Yummy!! I did 1/2 the recipe and still turned out great! Used a small square pan, 18 mins to cook. Would and Will make again. PS- LOVED the Hill Family Poem ;)
I made these Congo Squares today and the flavor is very good, almost like a chocolate chip cookie. Followed the recipe as written except used chocolate chips, as that is what I had on hand. The only complaint I and my son had was that it was very dry, but still tasted and looked yummy!!! Thanks for posting.
My 4 year old daughter-MOLLY-likes to put her name into the search and see what comes up! There's not very many, but since we had all these ingredients this is the one she chose to bake. We all LOVED them!! They are like a chocolate chip cookie bar, but not as rich....just perfect! Thanks Hill Family for posting a fun recipe!