Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe makes a lot of salad, but is easily pared down to a family-sized recipe. Given to me by a friend several years ago, we have enjoyed this one very much.
- 3 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 -2 bunch green onion
- 1 lb bacon
- 4 ounces sliced almonds
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- Fry bacon until crisp, then crumble.
- Brown almonds in bacon drippings, then drain.
- Slice onions into 1/4 to 1/2 inch rounds (your choice) and wash and tear Romaine into bite-sized pieces.
- Just before serving, mix salad - lettuce, onions, almonds, bacon and dressing.