Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A snowy day hot toddy.
- 10 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups whiskey (to taste)
- sweetened whipped cream, for garnish
- In a big pot, combine milk, cream, sugar, and salt; set over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until hot but not boiling.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder until combined; bring to just under a boil; look for small bubbles around the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and stir in the whiskey.
- Pour cocoa into 12 mugs and serve immediately, topped with whipped cream, OR pour all the cocoa into a slow cooker and let guests serve themselves (leave lid off slow cooker as condensation will dilute the chocolate).