1/2 Photos of Less Sugar Canned Strawberry Jam
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
We think this version tastes much better than the full-sugar jam. Make sure to use Sure-Jell's less sugar or no sugar needed pectin in the pink box.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash jars & screw bands in hot soapy water. Rinse well in warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in a pan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain well before using.
- 2Fill canner half full of water and bring to a simmer.
- 3Prepare berries by crushing 1 cup at a time using a potato masher.
- 4Measure exact amount of fruit into an 8qt. saucepan.
- 5Measure the exact amount of sugar into a separate bowl. (Do not reduce sugar or use sugar substitute. Look up no-sugar-needed recipes for those amounts.).
- 6Mix 1/4 cup of sugar from measured amount with Sure-Jell. (Make sure to use the pink box of less or no sugar needed pectin!).
- 7Stir sugar & pectin mixture into berries. Add 1/2 teaspoons butter to reduce foaming, if desired.
- 8Bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that does not stop bubbling when stirred) stirring constantly.
- 9Stir in sugar, quickly. Return mixture to a full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 10Remove from heat. Skim foam from top with metal spoon.
- 11Ladle quickly into jars to within 1/8 inch of top.
- 12Wipe jars' rims and threads and top with two-piece lids.
- 13Place jars in water bath canner for 10 minutes, then remove from canner. Let cool completely before storing. Press on middle of the lid to make sure lids have sealed. If not, store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Less Sugar Canned Strawberry Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2994 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.8
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 112.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g