This is a modified recipe from one I found in an old muffin cookbook. I adjusted some of the ingredients to remove some of the fat and cholesterol content...but I still bake with butter so beware. Now with this said - this is NOT a diet cake - cake is cake and still holds calories - this is just my version of a reduced fat version. NOTE: If using frozen blueberries for this recipe DO NOT thaw before adding to the batter.
- 78.07 ml butter, softened
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml egg substitute (equivalent of 2 large eggs)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml fat free sour cream
- 236.59 ml blueberries (fresh or frozen but if using frozen see note in description)
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- Spray a 10-inch flute tube pan with cooking spray and then dust lightly with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the egg substitute and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle half of the "topping" ingredients over this layer.
- Spoon the remaining half of batter into the pan and top the batter with the remaining topping mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool cake for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.