1/4 Photos of Less Pudge Blueberry Coffee Cake
This is a modified recipe from one I found in an old muffin cookbook. I adjusted some of the ingredients to remove some of the fat and cholesterol content...but I still bake with butter so beware. Now with this said - this is NOT a diet cake - cake is cake and still holds calories - this is just my version of a reduced fat version. NOTE: If using frozen blueberries for this recipe DO NOT thaw before adding to the batter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute (equivalent of 2 large eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen but if using frozen see note in description)
- 1Spray a 10-inch flute tube pan with cooking spray and then dust lightly with flour.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes.
- 3Beat in the egg substitute and vanilla.
- 4In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 5Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- 6Gently fold in the blueberries.
- 7In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients.
- 8Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- 9Sprinkle half of the "topping" ingredients over this layer.
- 10Spoon the remaining half of batter into the pan and top the batter with the remaining topping mixture.
- 11Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- 12Cool cake for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- 13Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Less Pudge Blueberry Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 254.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g