Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
After sitting in massage class and listening to a lecture about how our body processes proteins I became more convinced that this was my favorite meat-loaf recipe. I love meat-loaf and could eat it everyday. I started making my meat-loaf in a muffin pan because I spend a lot of time living alone and its easier to have already made portions to pull out of the fridge at the end of a day... and my favorite part of meat-loaf has always been the crusty outside and the caramelized catsup topping so I get more of my favorite part with every bite. I also add sriratcha cause I love just a little spice. NOTE: if you are Gluten Free or have Celiac MAKE SURE you are buying TVP and Oats processed in a GF facility.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely chop carrots, garlic and onion (sometimes I chop them more coarsely out of laziness or a want for more crunch)
- Combine meat, TVP and veggies in a big bowl.
- Add eggs, worcestershire and seasonings (sriratcha too if using).
- Mix well with your hands, don't be afraid to get dirty! (if the mixture seems loose feel free to add another egg).
- Form mixture into large meatballs so that when you place them in the muffin pan they are just peeking over the top
- Top meat muffins with Catsup, or as I sometimes do create a mixture of Catsup, your favorite BBQ and a little Sriratcha (3 parts catsup, one part BBQ and about 1/2 tsp of Sriratcha).
- Place pan in the oven and ignore them for 40 minutes, a hint with these is never leave them for more then 50 minutes or the outsides will be overly brown and dry.
- Eat immediately and if there is anything left they refrigerate well for up to 3 days.