Liza Boo's Note:
After sitting in massage class and listening to a lecture about how our body processes proteins I became more convinced that this was my favorite meat-loaf recipe. I love meat-loaf and could eat it everyday. I started making my meat-loaf in a muffin pan because I spend a lot of time living alone and its easier to have already made portions to pull out of the fridge at the end of a day... and my favorite part of meat-loaf has always been the crusty outside and the caramelized catsup topping so I get more of my favorite part with every bite. I also add sriratcha cause I love just a little spice. NOTE: if you are Gluten Free or have Celiac MAKE SURE you are buying TVP and Oats processed in a GF facility.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Finely chop carrots, garlic and onion (sometimes I chop them more coarsely out of laziness or a want for more crunch)
- 3Combine meat, TVP and veggies in a big bowl.
- 4Add eggs, worcestershire and seasonings (sriratcha too if using).
- 5Mix well with your hands, don't be afraid to get dirty! (if the mixture seems loose feel free to add another egg).
- 6Form mixture into large meatballs so that when you place them in the muffin pan they are just peeking over the top
- 7Top meat muffins with Catsup, or as I sometimes do create a mixture of Catsup, your favorite BBQ and a little Sriratcha (3 parts catsup, one part BBQ and about 1/2 tsp of Sriratcha).
- 8Place pan in the oven and ignore them for 40 minutes, a hint with these is never leave them for more then 50 minutes or the outsides will be overly brown and dry.
- 9Eat immediately and if there is anything left they refrigerate well for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Meatloaf Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meatloaf Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Less-Meat Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.4
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 172.4 mg
- Sodium 543.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 25.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein