Recipe by Leslie O
My grandmother used to make something similar, I added my own touch to a great sandwich. This also freezes well.
Top Review by Gerry
This made for a great family supper last night. Made this using ground buffalo. Used one cup of ketchup and a cup of canned tomatoes. With buffalo being a sweeter meat I cut the sugar. They loved it! There was just enough left over for the hungry twelve year old to spread on a sun dried tomato tortilla later in the evening. A rerun has already been requested. Thank you for sharing.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 20 ounces ketchup (the more ketchup the saucier it becomes)
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 medium cooking onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard or 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute pepper and onion, till soft (not browned).
- Add ground meat, ketchup,worcestershire, mustard and sugar.
- Let simmer for half an hour to hour, on med or med low heat.
- Serve on a toasted hamburger bun (I prefer potato hamburger buns).
- I enjoy this served with chips and pickle spears.