- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- coarse salt
- 2 onions, sliced thick
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (refrigerated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Clean chicken guts out. Rinse chicken thoroughly, inside and out. Dry chicken with paper towels, then coat inside of cavity with coarse salt and some pepper.
- Slice onions and line the bottom of pan. Palm the lemon and then stab it with a fork all over. Stick the lemon in the chicken cavity, as well as all the garlic. Put chicken in pan on top of onions.
- Put pats of butter on top of chicken. Salt and pepper the skin.
- Place in oven and cook 1.5-2 hours. (Place foil loosely over chicken last 30 to 60 minutes.).
- When you get the chicken out let it set at least 15 minutes so the juices settle and don't run out when it's cut.