Make and share this Leslie's Roast Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Clean chicken guts out. Rinse chicken thoroughly, inside and out. Dry chicken with paper towels, then coat inside of cavity with coarse salt and some pepper.
- Slice onions and line the bottom of pan. Palm the lemon and then stab it with a fork all over. Stick the lemon in the chicken cavity, as well as all the garlic. Put chicken in pan on top of onions.
- Put pats of butter on top of chicken. Salt and pepper the skin.
- Place in oven and cook 1.5-2 hours. (Place foil loosely over chicken last 30 to 60 minutes.).
- When you get the chicken out let it set at least 15 minutes so the juices settle and don't run out when it's cut.
Delicious! This is so easy to prepare and the meat comes out so moist and tender. The skin was nice and crispy...just the way we like it. This is a keeper...Thanks for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2011. :)
Wow! This is really good! It cooks up so juicy and tender and the aroma while roasting makes the house smell like Sunday dinner is cooking! I wouldn't change a thing, thanks for sharing your recipe we'll be enjoying again :) Made for PAC Fall 09