Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my favorite chicken salads is at Rafferty's Restaurants in the southeastern United States. Here's my friend Leslie's take on this light delicious salad. Serve it up with some warm croissants and some fruit.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Combine chicken, celery, parsley and grapes.
- Combine rest of ingredients in separate bowl and mix well then pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with almond slivers.
- Chill 1 hour before serving.
- Time does not include cooking the chicken or chilling.
This salad is very freash and light , the orange dressing is great with the fresh fruit and croisant. I could rat it every day.
A great way to use up some leftover roast chicken. I love the crunch of the celery and nuts, the creamy dressing and the sweetness of each grape as I enjoyed this salad for lunch. Thanks for a quick and easy salad recipe!