Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Macaroni & Cheese - My favorite recipe
- 7 ounces macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 20 saltine crackers
- Prehead oven to 375. Cook macaroni according to package. Drain.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, mustard, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until mixture thickens slightly and bubbles. Remove from heat.
- Add cheese to saucepan and stir until melted. Add macaroni. Stir.
- Pour into greased 8 or 9 inch baking pan. Crush up crackers and pour over the mixture. Bake in oven 25 minutes or utnil brown & bubbly.
This is really good mac and cheese that I was able to halve the recipe easily for two. I only used half the suggested amount of crushed crackers on top and it was plenty for us. It may seem like there is a lot of sauce when the macaroni is mixed in, but it bakes up beautifully! Look forward to the leftovers! Thanks for sharing your recipe we'll enjoy again :) Made for PAC Fall 09
DH really enjoyed his Mac n Cheese tonight with his dinner! I used oyster crackers because I was out of saltines... like the use of the seasoning salt and the dry mustard gave it a different flavor. Thanks for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2011 :)
This recipe was made on 9/29/10 as part of mine and SO's dinner, and I must tell you right at the start we both thought it was pretty good. The recipe was made as it was written, except the full amount of milk wasn't added( but the next time it will be).I've always added salt to Mac & Cheese recipes but never thought to add seasoned salt, and I think that's what sets this particular recipes apart from others. Thank you for taking the time to post and, " Keep Smiling :) "