Recipe by Leslie41143
Macaroni & Cheese - My favorite recipe
Top Review by Breezytoo
This is really good mac and cheese that I was able to halve the recipe easily for two. I only used half the suggested amount of crushed crackers on top and it was plenty for us. It may seem like there is a lot of sauce when the macaroni is mixed in, but it bakes up beautifully! Look forward to the leftovers! Thanks for sharing your recipe we'll enjoy again :) Made for PAC Fall 09
- 7 ounces macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 20 saltine crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehead oven to 375. Cook macaroni according to package. Drain.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, mustard, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until mixture thickens slightly and bubbles. Remove from heat.
- Add cheese to saucepan and stir until melted. Add macaroni. Stir.
- Pour into greased 8 or 9 inch baking pan. Crush up crackers and pour over the mixture. Bake in oven 25 minutes or utnil brown & bubbly.