Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes a LOT
- 10 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 onion
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 3 (14 3/4 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 3 -5 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- Cut up potatoes, boil for 15 minutes. Drain.
- While potatoes are boiling, fry bacon until crisp, let cool, then crumble.
- Chop the onion up then saute in the bacon grease and mix in flour and cook while stiffing a lot.
- Dump potatoes, bacon, and onion mixture in huge pot. Add corns and evaporated milk. Add 2% milk until you get it to the level of soup you want. Add salt & pepper.
- Add butter & cheese, stirring a lot so it doesn't scorch.
- Serve with corn bread.