Recipe by Donna Matthews
Another tasty recipe from my friend Leslie. She used to make large pots of this to serve to our choir between performances.
- 4 2⁄3 cups water
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli
- 7 -9 ounces cheese tortellini
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients except tortellini and broccoli in a big pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and simmer until cooked. Note: if you are using fresh tortellini the cook time will be about5-10 minutes and you will want to add the broccoli before it is completely cooked; if you use dry tortellini the cook time will be 30 minutes.).
- Add broccoli and simmer another 5 to 10 minutes or until broccoli is cooked to your preference.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese if desired.