Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another tasty recipe from my friend Leslie. She used to make large pots of this to serve to our choir between performances.
- 4 2⁄3 cups water
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli
- 7 -9 ounces cheese tortellini
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Put all ingredients except tortellini and broccoli in a big pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and simmer until cooked. Note: if you are using fresh tortellini the cook time will be about5-10 minutes and you will want to add the broccoli before it is completely cooked; if you use dry tortellini the cook time will be 30 minutes.).
- Add broccoli and simmer another 5 to 10 minutes or until broccoli is cooked to your preference.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese if desired.