Recipe by Annacia
I have never met Leslie but I'd like to thank her! I found this on another web site and after trying it I think it's the only way I'll make stuffing again. If you'd like to try something a bit different and really good give this one a try.
Top Review by katia
Great rice! I had it plain as a main dish and not as a stuffing but it was so good. The broccoli was a great addition and in a turkey stuffing must be great. I added the almonds and I also used a clove of garlic. Unfortunatly my camera was low in battery and I didn't take any photos, next time! Thanks Annacia!
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) package herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring rice and 1 1/2 cups water to boil in a pot. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Place broccoli in a pot with enough water to cover, and boil 5 minutes, or until slightly tender. Remove from heat, and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the mushrooms and onion until tender. Mix in cooked rice, cooked broccoli, stuffing mix, broth, and almonds.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish (or use to stuff turkey just before roasting).
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.