Prep 3 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this recipe from my friend Lesley, who was on a serious budget and had no food left in her house except for the items mentioned in this recipe. Desperate for a meal, she took a chance and made this and says it came out delicious. It was so good, her family insists she make it once a week.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (24 ounce) jar salsa (any kind you want)
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives
- 1 (8 ounce) bagof your favorite shredded cheese
- cooked rice
- Dump ingredients into crock pot.
- Simmer in low for 6 hours.
- Add over rice.
- Sprinkle with your favorite grated cheese.
I did this on the stovetop. I cut the chicken breasts into strips, rolled them in flour and browned them in the oil. Then I added the remaining ingredients and simmered, covered, for 20 minutes. I used a medium hot salsa. Served over rice as suggested. The taste is very good. Only needed a salad and I was ready for dinner!