Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 broiler-fryer chickens or 2 -3 turkey legs
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon poultry seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 slices bread
- 1 (11 ounce) can evaporated milk (Pet brand preferred)
- 1 cornbread (see Lesleigh's Skillet recipe)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Boil chicken (or turkey), onion, and celery until meat is done and veggies are tender.
- Remove meat from broth and debone.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, crumble cooled cornbread.
- Pour chicken (or turkey) broth over cornbread.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, poultry seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, tear bread slices.
- Pour 1/2 can of Pet Milk over the bread and allow to soak for 2 minutes, and then add to dressing.
- Pour the rest of the milk into the cornbread mixture.
- Add eggs and stir. (You may add meat if desired.)
- Pour into a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until firm.