Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful, rich bread! A true southern favortie!
- 1 1⁄2 cups martha white yellow cornmeal, mix
- 1⁄2 cup martha white all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups bulgarian buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a cast iron skillet and place in oven to heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add buttermilk and mix thoroughly.
- Taste batter to see if it is overly bitter.
- If so, add about 2 tbsp.
- sweet milk.
- (DO NOT ADD SUGAR!) Add egg and oil.
- Pour into hot skillet.
- Return to the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes or until done.
- Serve hot!