Queen Dana's Note:
This makes a simple romantic dinner for 2. I found this recipe in Reader's Digest Creative Cooking, published back in the 70s. The cooking time I have listed is from the cookbook, but I've cut the recipe in half so it shouldn't take as long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the chicken in 2 tablespoons of butter in a heavy skillet over gentle heat until done.
- 2Arrange the chicken on a serving dish and keep warm.
- 3Add the shallot to the pan, with the red wine. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 1 minute.
- 4Add the stock and boil briskly until reduced by half.
- 5Stir in the remaining butter in small pieces and season to taste.
- 6Just before serving, pour the sauce over the chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Les Supremes De Volaile Saint Sylvestre
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.9
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 170.0 mg
- Sodium 140.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 31.5 g