1/1 Photo of Les Madeleines Thumbprint Cookies
Deb's Recipes's Note:
I thought I was in heaven when I bit into one of these melt-in-your-mouth shortbread cookies. Thanks to Chef Romina Rasmussen of Les Madeleines Bakery in Salt Lake City for sharing the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly toast then cool nuts; chop until very fine and set aside ~ If using a food processor for chopping, allow nuts to cool very thoroughly before chopping them in order to avoid turning them into a paste.
- 2Cream butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes in a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment until extra light-colored and fluffy; stir in vanilla.
- 3Whisk together dry ingredients; add gradually to butter mixture, stirring just until (do not overmix) dough comes together; stir in chopped nuts.
- 4Chill dough if it seems too soft.
- 5Form dough into 1 1/4" balls and place onto parchment-lined or ungreased baking sheets; indent the top of each ball of dough with your fingertip or with the dampened end of a wooden spoon.
- 6Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or just until the cookies start to turn light golden-brown at the edges; remove from oven and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar; fill each indentation with a bit of jam or fruit preserves ~ I like to use red raspberry preserves.
- 7NOTES: Yield becomes 60 cookies when dough is formed into 1" dough balls. And any type of toasted and chopped nuts may be substituted for the almonds.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Les Madeleines Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 85.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g