Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
Delicious. With permission from the owners: "an excellent aperitif as it is based on fruit and wine rather than spirits so it will not 'spoil' or numb the palate before a special meal. It features Neige Ice Cider, another distinctive and beautiful Quebec product from the Hemmingford region. It was created for us by internationally acclaimed and award winning sommelier (and our former somellier and manager) Veronique Rivest" Les Fougere's is one of the best restaurants I have been to, and thankfully they are near me. Award winning food and drink and they have shared many in a cookbook whose proceeds go to a local charity.
- 1 ounce ice cider
- 3 1⁄2 ounces champagne or 3 1⁄2 ounces sparkling wine
- 1⁄2 ounce diet sugar-free cranberry juice (diet is optional, I need to put it in for a contest) or 1⁄2 ounce regular cranberry juice (diet is optional, I need to put it in for a contest)
- frozen cranberries (to garnish)
- Place champagne flutes on ice or in the freezer to chill.
- Pour Ice Cider into chilled flute.
- Top with champagne or sparkling wine, and cranberry juice.
- Garnish with 2 frozen cranberries in each glass.
This is good and very festive. I love the color. Made for Holiday Tag.
I couldn't fine ice cider so had to use the regular kind. Never the less this is marvelous. It's festive, simple and very good! I also had to do without the frozen cranberries this time. It has a very nice sweet-tart flavor and will be seen at my house this holiday season more than once. Thanks for posting this Marra. Made for Photo Tag.