Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another recipe from my grandmother's recipe box.
Make and share this Leperice (Mashed Potatoes With Sauerkraut) recipe from Food.com.
- Peel potatoes and boil in salted water along with cumin seeds.
- Drain and mash potatoes along with cumin seeds. Set aside.
- Cook sauerkraut seperately until sauerkraut is boiling. Drain.
- Cook bacon until brown. Drain reserving 1/2 cup bacon fat.
- Mix potatoes and sauerkraut with milk. Pour bacon and fat over or mix them in, which ever is prefered.
- Serve with roast pork or any smoked meats.