Recipe by avalontwilightdesigns
My penpal in the UK gave me this recipe. It is amazing! Her name is Leo and she has a wonderful website at http://sewvintageemporium.wordpress.com
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
My whole family loved these meatballs, which is amazing since my DH normally won't touch anything that contains ground turkey. I used these with spaghetti and sauce and the meal was delicious. And as a bonus I got to sneak some fruit into my kids bellies without them even knowing it. I will definitely be saving this recipe as a favorite for a healthier meatball. Thanks avalon! Made for Spring 2013 PAC. Update 4/9/13: I made these again for dinner to be used in meatball subs and it was delicious again. I can't believe that my husband actually requested these...he is very picky, so you know you've got a winner. We just finished eating and he asked when I'm planning on making them again. They will definitly be a common repeat in our house. Thanks again avalon!
- 250 g ground turkey
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 50 g white breadcrumbs
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 60 g leeks, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined. Lightly grease an oven dish and shpe the mixture into meatballs. Either medium size (bite size for an adult) or half that size for bite size for a toddler. If you want to add them to spaghetti for a toddler, then make them half a toddler bite size.
- Bake in the oven until meatballs are browned and cooked through. Usually about 12 minutes but this depends on the size of the meatballs. Serve hot or cold.