Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This chopped salad from La Scala restaurant in Beverly Hills was first introduced in the 1960's and became a fad among celebrities. It's still a popular salad entree; and you can make it at home for a lot less than the $12. that it costs at the restaurant.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 4 ounces italian salami, julienned
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Toss salad with the dressing.
- Serve with some crusty bread.
A friend of mine made this for a dinner party and it was delicious! Just like the real thing.