Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This chopped salad from La Scala restaurant in Beverly Hills was first introduced in the 1960's and became a fad among celebrities. It's still a popular salad entree; and you can make it at home for a lot less than the $12. that it costs at the restaurant.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 113.39 g italian salami, julienned
- 113.39 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans, drained
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Toss salad with the dressing.
- Serve with some crusty bread.
A friend of mine made this for a dinner party and it was delicious! Just like the real thing.