lynnski / LA's Note:
This chopped salad from La Scala restaurant in Beverly Hills was first introduced in the 1960's and became a fad among celebrities. It's still a popular salad entree; and you can make it at home for a lot less than the $12. that it costs at the restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 4 ounces italian salami, julienned
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- 3Toss salad with the dressing.
- 4Serve with some crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Californian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leon Salad
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.4
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 820.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 13.9 g