Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Vegetarian Times.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, packed in oil
- 1 teaspoon sun-dried tomato olive oil, from tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In large pot of water, add 1 teaspoon salt and lentils. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients, except feta cheese.
- Drain and rinse lentils. Place in serving bowl. Add dressing and toss gently. Add feta and toss gently again. Serve.
I was excited about this recipe because I love all the ingredients. Sorry to say, it didn't work out for me. Maybe I did something wrong - the lentils were quite dry and bland.
A brilliant way to jazz up lentils! Also very easy to put together - always a plus! I used green lentils and cubed feta (got lazy and didn't crumble it!). Next time I think I'll use less lentils, 1 C maybe, but keep the amounts of the dressing and feta the same; not only because they make this taste so fabulous, but also because with so much lentil this did turn out a bit dry for me. Lovely recipe, thank you so much for sharing!
Dude, this is a truly phenomenal, simple, easy recipe! Love lentils, but never thought to put them with sun-dried tomatoes before - excellent combination! And the feta really makes it. I accidentally boiled the lentils for 40 minutes, so they were a little mushy but still excellent. Next time I will add some fresh spinach just for fun. I served this over brown rice, but I bet it could handle some fusilli just as easy. Great recipe!