Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a non-vegeterian version of a Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers recipe. If you like sausage, this recipe is for you.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup lentils (green or brown)
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 lb mild Italian sausage
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and coriander and cook until fragrant.
- Add sausage and cook until there is no more pink.
- Add lentils, chicken broth, and bay leaves.
- Cover and bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- When potatoes are soft add spinach and stir until completely wilted.
i love this! it is perfect for a cold night. i used a 1lb bag of frozen spinach, chicken and feta sausage, and added 1/2 onion with the garlic. i will make this over and over!