Recipe by Starrynews
This is a wonderful, easy to prepare lentil dish that I received from a friend. She had attended a potluck where she sampled this Kenyan dish that her co-worker prepared from her home country. Delicious!
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes or 1 veggie bouillon cube
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Put lentils, bouillon cube, and water into a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and allow to simmer until lentils are soft and most of the water is absorbed, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate saute pan, add oil and onions and saute until onions are soft and browned.
- Stir in tomatoes, garlic powder, and rosemary. Let cook over medium heat until tomatoes are cooked down a bit, about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine lentils and onion mixture, stirring well.
- Adjust temperature to low. Pour in whipping cream, stirring gently.
- Allow to heat through on low for an additional 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.