Lentils With Chickpeas and Couscous
- Bring lentils and 6 cups water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered 15 minutes, or until lentils are just tender.
- Bring 1 1/4 cups broth and raisins to a boil. Stir in coucous, cover and remove from heat.
- Place salsa, cilantro, tomato paste and cumin in ffood processor and puree until smooth.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and carrot, and season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until slightly broned, stirring frequently. Add salsa mixture, remaining 1 1/2 cups broth and chickpeas. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain lentils and add to chickpea sauce. Thin with additional broth if sauce is too thick.
- Place coucous in 6 bowls and top with sauce. Sprinkle each serving with mint and pine nuts, and serve.