1/3 Photos of Lentils With Anchovies, Capers, and a Fried Egg
I LOVE lentils. I eat them at least once a week. I also love capers and anchovies, so I came up with this. Lentils also taste delicious with an egg on top- especially one with a runny yolk. Don't let the anchovies scare you, as they're just there to flavor the lentils and their strong flavor will dissipate as you cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion & garlic in olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. Add celery, carrots, and anchovies, and saute for 2 minutes longer.
- 2Add lentils and stir well. Add stock/water, bay leaf, capers, and cloves. Cover, lower heat, and simmer gently for 25-30 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the lentils are tender.
- 3Just before lentils are done, melt butter in a separate pan, then crack the eggs into it and cook until whites are firm and yolks are runny, about 3-5 minutes.
- 4Once the lentils are done, add salt and pepper if you wish. Serve lentils with fried egg on top.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentils With Anchovies, Capers, and a Fried Egg
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.5
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 200.4 mg
- Sodium 520.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: