Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Super side dish!! You could add minced garlic if you want it spicier. A friend gave me this one.20 minutes is to precook the lentils.
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup lentils (precook these in 1 1/2 c.water for 20min.)
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 crumbled chicken bouillon cube
- In dutch oven cook onions in the oil till soft.
- Add cooked undrained lentils ,rice, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken cube and stir.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Great recipe!!! Very easy and I prepared it in a rice cooker!!
I loved this recipe but I did mess up. I used red split lentils and they were completely gone when it was finished. The taste was great. I think I will add garlic next time, but it is a great beginning to use lentils dish because it is so simple and is mixed with something alot of people already eat as a side dish.