Recipe by VegSocialWorker
From the Whole Foods website. I made this a little lower fat by eliminating the oil and cooking the onion and garlic in a small amount of water. I also use fat free feta cheese and whole wheat pasta. Use canned tomatoes if it is not tomato season- you want to have flavorful tomatoes for this recipe. This is a simple yet tasty recipe.
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh Italian plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cooked lentils, drained
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and slivered
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions, lower the heat and sauté for 5 minutes of until soft and translucent. Add the tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes longer. Stir in the lentils and olives and heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and toss with Nicoise sauce.
- Serve topped with crumbled feta cheese.