Lentils and Rice Casserole
- Cook lentils according to package, omitting salt.
- Drain and set aside. Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add onion, green pepper, and garlic; stir often and cook until tender.
- Stir in lentils, tomatoes with juice, paprika, salt, black pepper, and red pepper; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes (stir occasionally).
- Meantime, preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray, and place rice in dish, topped next with lentils.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add cheese and bake 5 more minutes.