Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from Ricardo.
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup red lentil, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- In a skillet, softened bell peppers and garlic in oil. Add salt and pepper. Add chicken stock, lentils and lemon juice. Bring to boil. Cover and let simmer about 15 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- In a food processor, reduce in a creamy puree. Adjust seasoning. Let cool. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Serve as a dip with grilled pita bread, veggies or as a garnish for sandwiches.
Every Friday I take a couple of dips to share at work. This tasty dish had everyone stumped as to the ingredients. I did have to make one change -- I was out of red lentils! I don't think that's ever happened in my house, so I had to replace with moong dal (yellow lentils) which cooked at about the same speed. Perfect results and fabulous flavour. Thanks for posting.
Nice flavor and easy to make. I simmered for 10 minutes but should have added the extra 5 to cook off more of the liquid. It might not of been as thick as others but it stayed on my chip when I scooped it up, so that is all that mattered. Made for *ZWT 6* I'm on Team *Ya Ya Cookerhood*
This dip is really delicious and so easy to make. My guests asked for the recipe. Loved it!