Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Ricardo.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
Every Friday I take a couple of dips to share at work. This tasty dish had everyone stumped as to the ingredients. I did have to make one change -- I was out of red lentils! I don't think that's ever happened in my house, so I had to replace with moong dal (yellow lentils) which cooked at about the same speed. Perfect results and fabulous flavour. Thanks for posting.
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup red lentil, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, softened bell peppers and garlic in oil. Add salt and pepper. Add chicken stock, lentils and lemon juice. Bring to boil. Cover and let simmer about 15 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- In a food processor, reduce in a creamy puree. Adjust seasoning. Let cool. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Serve as a dip with grilled pita bread, veggies or as a garnish for sandwiches.