- 118.29 ml dry split peas
- 78.07 ml beef bouillon granules
- 59.14 ml pearl barley
- 78.07 ml dry lentils
- 59.14 ml dried onion flakes
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning
- 118.29 ml uncooked long grain rice
- 118.29 ml alphabet pasta or 118.29 ml other small macaroni noodles
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 2838.0 ml water
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1 1/2 pint jar, layer the first eight ingredients in the order listed.
- Seal tightly.
- To prepare soup, carefully remove macaroni from the top of the jar and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, or Dutch oven, brown beef; drain.
- Add the water tomatoes and soup mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the reserved macaroni, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the macaroni, peas, lentils, and barley are tender.